Tuesday 27 April 2010

New work for summer fayre

A couple of weeks ago I showed a photo of some of the cuddle cats I had been making and that the plan was to put them on folksy. I found out recently, however, that my village is holding a summer fayre next month and that they are looking for stall holders, so I have decided not to list anything new online for the time being and everything I have made I will take to the fayre.


I have been working on some new gouache paintings that I think I will try and sell as small prints. I'll just need to see how it goes- I have done craft fairs in the past and there has been times when they have gone well and times when they were not so good- I generally only sold cards before and I think even when you sold a lot it was difficult to make much as a profit (table fees, materials, time, petrol....). The good thing about this local fayre is that the table is about a quarter of the price you would pay at a craft fair, so I don't have much to loose. It will also be good to get some feedback and see what people are interested in most.


When I have the fayre over with I will definitely concentrate on getting my folksy shop looking better. I know that it needs a lot of work done in terms of listing and photography. I am waiting on some business cards arriving so I will put them out at the fayre- try and start promoting myself a bit more.

2 comments:

  1. wow! your work is so unusual and beautiful! thanks for letting me know about your blog in the forum, im now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic pics, I'm sure you'll do really well with them! Di x

    ReplyDelete