Tuesday 29 June 2010

Busy, busy!

Ive been a bit of a bad blogger lately and have not updated for a while- but for good reasons. Ive been submitting work to a few online projects and also have been working on a piece for exhibition next month. I must admit I find it easier to complete work when I can send the image off online- I need to go into the gallery when I have completed this painting. I think I'm scared its not suitable or what they were after, will it fit in with the other work? Its good having the computer as a middle man sometimes.

On Friday I'm going along to the Hannah Maclure Centre for the Guerrilla Gallery launch. This is an networking event- the point of the event is to showcase who is doing what in Dundee (and surrounding) in a professional but relaxed manner. Work will not be for sale but exposure of work could lead to future opportunities for sales, exhibition and collaboration. I have submitted five images to be shown, they will be projected onto a screen as a slide show along with the other artists/designers work, looking forward to it (and beer and music too!).

Below are some of the designs I have sent away recently online (I'm not going to go into each project just now but if I get any developments I will update you).



1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean! I prefer to do things online as well, but I realise how important is to meet people and show your work in person, so I force myself to get out there :)
    Anyway, good work! I really like these designs, especially the 2nd and 3rd one.
    Good luck with all your projects xx

    ReplyDelete